Friday, September 27, 2013

And That's... One To Grow On.

Let's face it.  We all struggle with things.  Whether it's finances, career, weight, self-image, or the New York Times crossword puzzle. Or, all of these things.

This week I have struggled with Social Media.  More specifically, using social media as my own personal dumping ground.  I have written post after post after post and stared.  Isn't my life Awesome?  Yes, yes it is.  Should I share my struggles with everyone and let them know I'm human? Maybe.  But that's like giving an Automatic Photon Blaster to a heavily caffeinated solider.  Someone may get hurt in the crossfire.

So, I paused to think about what I was doing.  I prayed about it.  It was a small thing, but splinters still hurt right?  I was fine, Mrs. Awesome was fine, Little Awesome was fine.  I've seen that Pinterest pin that says something along the lines of, "Most of my problems are made up scenarios in my head".  That is me 99% of the time.  Did I need to let everyone in the cosmos know that I was worried about things in my life? How about this?

Dear Cosmos and Planet Earth, I worry about stuff.  I worry about the same stuff you worry about.  Sometimes quite a bit.

Mrs. Awesome has a tendency to know when I'm worried.  She tells me that everything is going to be alright, and she is right.  Everything will be alright, because usually one of two things happens and sometimes both.

1) Either it works itself out, or you find a way to fix it or make it work

or

2) It's something you can't control, and/or it wasn't worth worrying about in the first place.

In this case, #2 won out this time and after a day or two of pondering the issue I realized that it didn't merit the energy I was pouring into the worry.  As Stuart Smalley would say, I'm good enough, smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like me.

Will I ever stop worrying?  Probably not.  But every day is an opportunity to see how Awesome life truly is.
So, yes, I am Awesome - I have flaws, and I may have baggage.  But I have a great family, and great friends.  I have a great deal to be thankful for and that requires daily evaluation and daily acknowledgement.  And that. is. Awesome.